Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Makeup - Fresh, Clean, Natural

Before I started this blog solely for my makeup business and hobby (always), I wrote this in my more personal blog. Check it out!

Cherish the Moments...: Makeup - Fresh, Clean, Natural:

Not too long ago, I was fortunate enough to work with a beautiful Model and a renowned Photographer to work on her headshots.  Nia is beautiful and had not worn makeup in four years.  Amazing, right?  I wish I can do that!  Anyway, I wanted to share a photo... just because I can and... why not?

As you can see, it is a light and natural look, but I must say that it is most difficult for me to achieve a natural and "barely there" look.  Fun eyeshadows and colors are easy to work with because if you "mess up" somewhere, you can turn around and make your mistake look like its intentional!  ;)  One of the most difficult part of doing a natural face is concealing.  We all have imperfections on our face somewhere (show me one person who doesn't have any and I will give you a hundred bucks!).  Dark undereyes, scars, scabs, discoloration... we all have one or the other.  I have all of the above!


I'm not going to post a "before" picture because... thats just mean.  Anyway, though my model was already beautiful, I had to prepare her for the crisp clear picture and the harsh lighting and such.  This was a test shoot (for me), so I can honestly say that I learned a lot from it.  I also confess that I haven't done very much work with people of her skin tone, so this was an awesome experience AND opportunity.  I cleaned up and shaped her eyebrows a tad and tried to keep the makeup light and enhance her eyes a tad bit but still try to keep it natural.  The eyeliner was a little bit stronger than I would have it if I was to do it all over again.  See?  Thats what test shoots are all about... to learn something about your work from your work. 





Foundation:  RCMA (cream formula - self mixed)
Blush: MAC in "Format"
Eyeshadow:  MAC & Smashbox
(combination of a few I don't remember names of... "Tempting" and others I used to crease, highlight, and blend)
Eyeliner:  MAC (fluidline in Blacktrack)
Mascara:  Maybelline "The Colossal Volum' Express"
Brushes: MANY!!  ;)

... more looks and work to come.  I don't want to post them all at once.  


Any requests on looks to show?

No comments:

Post a Comment